- Undergraduate U.S. citizens or permanent residents majoring in engineering, physical sciences, or life sciences with relevant foundational coursework
- Students must be enrolled at either Northwestern University or University of Texas, San Antonio as an undergraduate during the academic year prior to participating in this summer program
- This program is intended for students who have previous research experience and are in either their sophomore or junior years, or students who have completed their senior year and are continuing to an M.S. or Ph.D. program at any U.S. research university
- Cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
- Two recommendation letters
- Complete online application
- Final in-person or phone interview with faculty director
- German language course: no prerequisites
Summer Program Dates: June 18 – August 26, 2018
Download program brochure here.
Click here for online application. Application Deadline: February 8, 2018.
For further inquiries, please email NanoRING@northwestern.edu